Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Making full use of the (still) camera on the iPad.

I remember my excitement when the iPod introduced the camera feature. Suddenly our ability to quickly document our learning journey increased ten fold.
Now all iPads and iPods come with excellent built-in still and video cameras and spending a little bit of time ensuring the students can use the camera effectively will pay huge dividends when you are using other apps.

How to improve camera skills.

I introduced a bingo camera skills challenge. I gave each child a sheet, a device and sent them off to tick off the skills they already knew and could demonstrate. Once they had ticked off all the skills they already knew they then had to buddy up with one another to try and find others to show them how to do the rest.

Here are my bingo sheets - feel free to use and share.

Simple - Year 1 and 2.


Medium  - Year 3 - 6




No comments:

Post a Comment